PHAB offers an array of materials that supplement the Guide to National Public Health Department Initial Accreditation and the Standards and Measures to assist health departments throughout the accreditation process.
Information about how to obtain PHAB Standards and Measures, Version 1.5, as well as Version 1.0, is available here. In addition, printed versions of some of PHAB’s materials can be purchased through PHAB’s online store. When ordering printed copies of materials, please note that PHAB must charge a fee to cover the cost of printing, shipping, and handling. Questions should be addressed to Teddi Nicolaus at 703-778-4549, x 118, or via email at email@example.com.
Update on Customized Accreditation Support Materials and Documents: The standards and measures for accreditation are applicable to all types of health departments. However, PHAB has learned that additional and customized accreditation support materials are often needed to assist the accreditation work of specific types and sizes of health departments, in the context of their environment. To that end, PHAB has several customized products that will be made available to the field over the next few weeks:
* Supplemental Documentation Guidance for Army Preventive Medicine/Public Health Departments that wish to pursue accreditation using the local health department standards. The PHAB Board of Directors approved this document on September 8, 2017. The documentation guidance is a companion document to Version 1.5 of the PHAB Standards and Measures. In addition, a companion Acronyms and Glossary of Terms is available for use with this supplemental documentation guidance.
* A draft Supplemental Process and Documentation Guidance for Tribal Public Health Departments pursuing accreditation has been developed in partnership with the National Indian Health Board’s Tribal Public Health Accreditation Advisory Board. This guide is intended to provide additional assistance to Tribal health departments in applying the PHAB standards and measures in a Tribal setting. PHAB will be taking public comments on this document until December 31. 2017.
- National Public Health Department Accreditation
- National Public Health Department Accreditation Readiness Checklists
- National Public Health Department Accreditation Readiness Checklists (Word File)
- Application for Accreditation, Revised July 2016
- Considerations for Selecting an Accreditation Coordinator
- PHAB Accreditation Coordinator Handbook
- PHAB Acronyms and Glossary of Terms Version 1.0
- PHAB Acronyms and Glossary of Terms Version 1.5
- Accreditation Considerations for Shared Services and Mergers (July 2016)
- Multijurisdictional (MJD) Accreditation Process Tip Sheet
- Multijurisdictional (MJD) Public Health Accreditation Process Guidance
- PHAB Presentation for Health Departments
- Standards & Measures Version 1.5, an Overview
- Centralized States: Policies and Procedures
- Inclusive Health and PHAB Health Department Accreditation
- Do’s & Don’ts for Preparing Documentation (Updated April 2016)
- PHAB Standards and Measures Version 1.0 Documentation Selection Spreadsheet
- PHAB Standards and Measures Documentation Selection Spreadsheet Version 1.5
- Guidance on Appropriate Examples from Programs and Activities for Use as Documentation for PHAB Accreditation (January 2015)
- Acceptable File Formats for Uploaded Documentation to e-PHAB (Updated July 2017)
- Technical Requirements for e-PHAB (Updated July 2017)
- Preparing Documentation
- e-PHAB Profile and Officials Tabs (March 2014)