Other Resources for Technical Assistance
PHAB will not evaluate specific pieces of evidence to determine if that information will meet the documentation requirements of a particular measure in the PHAB Standards and Measures.
PHAB will not provide technical assistance concerning activities in which health departments should engage to meet the standards and measures. Applicants needing technical assistance or guidance on such questions should seek help from consultants and membership organizations. Health departments are free to consult such sources, and are encouraged to use outside technical assistance in completing the development of documentation.
PHABʼs national partner organizations (ASTHO, Association of State and Territorial Health Officials; NACCHO, the National Association of City and County Health Officials; NALBOH, the National Association of Local Boards of Health; and NIHB, the National Indian Health Board) and other sources may provide the following types of technical assistance:
- Development and presentation of the accreditation prerequisites:
- Community health assessment,
- Community health improvement plan, and
- Department strategic plan.
- Development and presentation of a quality improvement plan;
- Assessment of technical assistance needs by its constituent members;
- Specific addressing of trends in accreditation readiness needs as identified by PHAB; and
- General advice on accreditation readiness preparation, such as timeline planning and selection of documents to address standards and measures.
Other national partner organizations offer technical assistance focused on specific domains or topic areas. The Public Health Foundation (PHF) provides accreditation support in Domains 8, 9, and 10, as well as the department strategic plan component of the pre-requisites. Specifically, they assist health departments with:
- Creating and implementing a workforce development plan;
- Creating a department strategic plan;
- Creating and implementing a quality improvement plan;
- Using a performance management system;
- Building capacity to conduct quality improvement activities; and
- Fostering partnerships with academic institutions.