PHAB Special Report: Public Health Department Accreditation:
Answering the “So What” Question
PHAB convened a special session at the annual meeting of the American Public Health Association in New Orleans in November 2014. Titled “Public Health Department Accreditation: Answering the ‘So What’ Question,” panelists for the first time shared early findings from PHAB’s internal and external evaluations, discussed some of the initiatives and incentives that have helped health departments prepare for the accreditation journey, and offered a range of qualitative findings that serve as early signals of how accreditation is acting as a lever to drive public health transformation.
Session speakers included (click speakers’ names to download slides):
- Kaye Bender, PHAB President and CEO
- Liza Corso, MPA, Senior Advisor for Public Health Practice and Accreditation at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Division of Public Health Performance Improvement, Office for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support.
- Pamela Russo, MD, MPH, Senior Program Officer for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- Jessica Kronstadt, MPP, PHAB Director of Research and Evaluation.
- Leslie M. Beitsch, MD, JD, chair of PHAB’s Board of Directors and chair of the Department of Behavioral Sciences and Social Medicine at Florida State University College of Medicine